The Building Exploratory is a highly regarded learning and engagement organisation with a focus on the built environment. We believe that creatively engaging local people with architecture, heritage and planning is essential to successful neighbourhoods.
Our community engagement projects ensure that local stakeholders can celebrate their local area and inform local regeneration.
We are beginning a number of new projects with communities across south and east London and we are looking for experienced freelance associates to help us.
The following combination of skills and experience is required:
• Project management and administration
• Communication written and spoken
• Engagement and negotiating skills
• Experience of delivering projects in secondary schools
• Experience of recruiting and working with hard to reach groups
• Experience of overseeing digital media projects
• Experience of overseeing creative project outputs
• Experience creating and working with maps
• Knowledge of secondary school curriculum in Humanities and Arts
• A good understanding of the use and value of maps and mapping
• A good understanding of London’s heritage and built environment
If you have the necessary skills and would like to be considered for one of our roles, please send us your CV and a letter, no longer than one page of A4 please, outlining your suitability to “the Administrator” by 15 August 2014: email@example.com
Hours are flexible, one to two days per week, with some weekend work required.
Day rates are dependent on experience and levels of responsibility.